For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Burnley Council (‘we’ or ‘us’) is the ‘data controller’ (that is, the organisation who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
By using our wifi service you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Personal data we may collect about you:
1. We will obtain your personal data (such as your name, postcode email address and MAC address) when you sign up to use our wifi service or contact us by telephone, email or post. The personal data we hold on you will be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
2. We may monitor your use of our wifi service by recording how you use the service. This information helps us ensure a fair use of the service and protect us from unlawful usage.
How we use your personal data
1. We will use your personal data in accordance with your legal rights under the Data Protection Act 1998. For more information about data protection see http://www.ico.org.uk.
2. We may use your personal data for these purposes:
• to enable you to connect to our wifi service
• to help us identify you while you use our wifi service
• fraud prevention and detection
• to notify you of any changes to our wifi service which may affect you
• security vetting
• improving our service
• requesting feedback from you
• responding to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests and complaints
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data for processing to:
• our staff
• government bodies and law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent or detect unlawful activity and in response to legal or regulatory requests
• other third parties in connection with possible legal proceedings
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data, for example:
• we store your personal data on secure servers
• all our staff are aware that they must respect the confidentiality of your personal data
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the Internet while using our wifi service.
Information about other individuals
If you give us someone else’s personal information, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on his/her behalf and has agreed that you can consent on his/her behalf to the processing of his or her personal data.
We are not liable to any third parties for using their personal data, where they have not given you consent to give us their personal data.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right, known as a subject access request, you should:
• put your request in writing
• include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill)
• attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to The Longs Arms
• specify the personal data you want access to
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right, you should:
• put your request in writing
• provide us with enough information to identify you (for example your name and email address)
• specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of websites and apps you may access through our wifi service. If you have concerns or questions about their privacy policies and practices, you should contact the website operator or publisher.
We are not responsible for cookies stored on your device or hardware from websites you visit while using our wifi service.